Kate in Dubs Land

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Christmas Goings

Just in case you wondering (and I know you are), where Nicholas and I will be spending christmas, wonder no more, Italy will be our festive home.

Christmas eve, Christmas day and boxing in Venice.

Post Christmas driving through the Tuscan countryside; Siena; Ferarra; Bolgna and anywhere else we decide to go along the way. As I told my parents this morning (in defense after being mocked for my growing age) I am still too young to legally drive a rental car without paying an exorbidant premium - i'm clutching at straws now I know this - so I will be chief map reader. For those of you who are not familiar with my navigating abilities, I prefer to use hunches and general 'directional feelings' when aiming for destinations. With this in mind, your guess is as good as mineas to where we'll actually go during our 10 day hiatus.

It's widely known and celebrated (granted, predomiantly between Nick/Kate) that I exude talent in the area of hotel booking, however, it must be noted, that on the back of a very dark period of hotel searching on my part (Florence is a nightmare to book 10 days out from Christmas just so you know), after hours and nights of trolling through sites with no booking to show for it, I had gone deep deep into the net and it wasn't a nice place to be let me tell you. Nick of course, keenly sensed my angst (an erratic burst of yelling did the trick) and jumped online only to find a hotel in seconds. And may I say he picked a goodie. Follow the link and have a peep (I need to add, however, I could have easily found a hotel this good however one becomes renowned for finding hotels because of a strange 6th sense and ability to source quality at a rediculously cheap price so as to leave a surplus in the handbag/shoes/general leather goods kitty - to be honest, if you've ever fallen into the hotel-web nightmare abyss like i had earlier, you'd book anything. Still, 10 points to Nick. http://www.hotelmartelli.com/#

Happy Christmas!

Kate xxoo

2 Comments:

  • At 1:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Looks like a tough few days in Firenze!

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger jane said…

    I am aware of these map reading skills (?) you allude too! throw it out the window and just go for a good long drive...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home